Monday 2 November 2015

Burning down the house

Well, not quite, but it certainly could have happened. When I got in yesterday evening, I put my dinner in the oven to cook (K was out at a gig with her boyfriend), sat down to check my emails - and promptly fell asleep. For hours. By the time I woke up, the food was no more than a blackened mass, fit only for the bin, the kitchen filling with smoke as soon as I opened the oven door. In the event, the result was no more than embarrassment and the smoke alarm going off, but it could have been far worse. The moral of the story is, I guess, to be more careful when I finish nights and then go out for drinks. I might have suggested welcoming an early demise in my last post, but I wouldn't necessarily want it to happen in such a stupid way.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment