Friday 20 November 2015

Cute sardine

When I'm on nights, I have to travel home right in the middle of the rush hour. In that connection, I find myself, maybe two or three days out of any given night week, heading home on a particular train, arguably the busiest of the day on a very busy route, one I've come, completely unaffectionately, to know as 'the sardine train', given its perennial and ridiculous degree of overcrowding. And, for my sins, I've travelled on that train for the past two mornings. But, on both days, the pill has been sweetened considerably, by my having seen the same cute boy, 13/14, on his way, judging by the uniform, to some posh independent school. Even the fact, particularly yesterday, of his looking considerably more than half asleep couldn't detract from his beauty. He ended up sitting directly opposite me yesterday, but was half a carriage away today, offering only glimpses of his profile before, two stations before I got off to change to the bus I catch towards home as part of that itinerary, being swallowed up, from my viewpoint, by a fresh influx of passengers. Having seen him two days in a row, I'll probably never see him again, but his 'company' was sweet, while it lasted.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment