Saturday 7 November 2015

Psychological projection, in spades

The 'archbigot' induced me to laugh out loud at work this morning, albeit he didn't realise I was laughing at him. He was engaged in a conversation with one of the other, almost equally bigoted numbskulls I'm blessed with having to work with, discussing the recent plane crash in Egypt and how Russia might react to it. Within moments, the conversation had lurched, somehow, onto Vladimir Putin's sexual orientation - 'they say he's a faggot' was the 'archbigot's' delightful turn of phrase - and the supposition that Putin 'tries too hard' to prove his masculinity. At which point I couldn't suppress my mirth, because the 'archbigot' is so paranoically insecure about his manhood since his divorce (around the same time as mine) that he spends endless time and money on (mostly) Chinese prostitutes, and makes no secret of the fact, because he needs the reassurance that 'I've still got a fuck in me', as he said not so long ago. Rest assured that I haven't got any time at all for Putin - he's a nauseating fascist who might very well be covering up his own iniquities by scapegoating LGBT people, as far as I'm concerned - but for my colleague to project his own issues in such a way is just too funny.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment