Friday 13 July 2012

DIY

Nearly a year ago, I wrote a post which posed the rhetorical question 'Where is my darling boy?'. One of my regular commenters replied with 'only in your imagination'. On the basis that any real life example has remained stubbornly conspicuous by his absence, I'm taking my commenter at his word - I'm currently writing a new story which pretty much sets out the sort of scenario, and the sort of boy, that would be my ideal in real life. There's going to be plenty of sex in the plot, no doubt rendering the story indigestible to many, but, at heart, it's a love story. Because, as my cousin, the person who probably knows the 'real me' better than anyone else, said during a long phone conversation recently, 'You've always been looking for love, really'. Sums up my life, and its failures, I guess. Whether my 'paragon' even exists in 'real life' is a moot point, of course. If I stop looking now, though, the last vestige of hope disappears. And I have little doubt where that will lead me.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment