Tuesday 10 July 2012

The randomness of dreams, and a small slice of reality

I've had three memorable dreams in the past twelve or fourteen hours, but none of them really make very much sense. Not that I expect my dreams to make sense, but these were more surreal than most.
The first one, I suppose, had the most psychological truth to it - I dozed off during a break at work, and dreamed of having wandered away from work in a daze, and walked to Cornwall - just like real life, 200+ miles on foot! - finding myself in a village which I named as the place I'd most like to live in, but which had more similarities to the village we really lived in when we first moved to Cornwall. I was convinced I'd woken up within the dream, and was being examined for consciousness by one of my work colleagues, one of those I was working with overnight, before actually waking up and dragging myself blearily back to work.
The second found me driving a small car in my home town, with another work colleague in the passenger seat, in what can only be described as an ice storm, with the car skidding and sliding all over the place, trying to get my colleague to the railway station to catch his train home. No idea what, if anything, that one has to say about my psyche.
The final one, during an extra hour's sleep I managed to grab after having woken earlier than I'd wanted to this afternoon, had me working as an astrophysicist in a science centre in the Pennines - definitely not going to happen in real life, my maths is nowhere near good enough! - and apparently married to an attractive female astronomer. In waking hours, I've got no ambition whatsoever to become involved emotionally/sexually with another woman, especially given recent events, so what this was all about is beyond me.
One thing that certainly would interest me in real life would be getting together with a cute boy. And there were a few of those in evidence on my way back from work this morning, later than normal as I stayed on to work some overtime. There was what appeared to be a party of boys on a school trip on the train, all around my favourite age of 12 or 13, and there were three of them in particular who caught my eye. Not for a moment that I would ever expect any of them to feature in my life in any way beyond eye candy, but it made for a nice interlude after a long night shift.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment