Saturday 28 July 2012

Lost at the weekend

Here we go again, feeling sorry for myself. (Please feel free to switch off at this point if you've read all too many of these posts from me before.) It is, on paper, my long weekend. I worked yesterday and today, though, and I'm working again on Tuesday, but I've actually got 72 consecutive hours off. But what use is any of it to me? I haven't got anything to do, anywhere to go, or, most depressingly, anyone to see. I spoke to my daughter yesterday to see if she wanted to get together with me, and she said she'd get back to me, but she hasn't, not even a text message. Mind you, when you're 14, meeting up with friends, as she was due to do today, is much more interesting than spending time with absent parents. Or even ringing them.
I could have gone out this afternoon, I guess, but my usual haunts in West London are pretty difficult to access this weekend because of the Olympic cycling road races - all sorts of roads are closed, and numerous bus services not running - but, even so, I can envisage an alcohol-soaked trip of some description taking place tomorrow. Not good for my health, or my wallet. But, frankly, I don't give a shit at the moment.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I've been there. It is a tough hole to climb out of. I go 10 days or more without a phone call. No one calls to say "let's do something". Gets old, I know.

    Try what I'm trying. I'm headed back to the gym. At least there are people there. I figure it can't hurt.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    I'll get over it, I'm sure. I'll be out and about after breakfast, and the sun's shining, which is never a bad thing. At least, as you suggest, if I'm not cooped up here there's always the chance of some sort of contact, even if it's only of the 'eye candy' variety.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete