Monday 23 July 2012

The story of a story

I posted my latest fictional effort on Nephelokokkygia last night, after quite a few weeks of work, on and off. Optimal is, basically, my favourite fantasy scenario written up as a story. I have no expectation that anyone other than me will like it, given the unashamed depiction of 'active' boylove, as it were, but it is, should there be any doubt in anyone's mind, just a fantasy, not some lightly disguised description of anything I've done in real life, much as I might want to. The 'backstory' of the main adult character is fairly autobiographical, but even he isn't me, in any meaningful way, while the younger joint protagonist is completely invented, born of the answer to the rhetorical question I posed nearly a year ago, the 'darling boy' of my imagination given a literary manifestation, even if no such person, or, at least, none accessible to me, exists in the world at large.
Just to prove that life imitates art occasionally, though, there was an echo of one little incident from the story yesterday afternoon - I was wearing one of my Aussie Rules polo shirts, and I was asked what team I followed. Sadly, the question was asked by a chatty barman rather than a cute boy. FML!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. I'll need to get busy reading again!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      If you do get a chance to read my little love story, I hope you enjoy it!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. Haha that image is flipped in my imagination, an encounter with a stereotypical teenage supporter of that beachside club. Blue eyes, long sunbleached hair, with his torso shown off beautifully by a tight footy jumper. Another reason I go to games, to feed my imagination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Billy
      Nice to hear from you again.
      I've seen very little of this season, because of my domestic upheavals, but it looks like we're heading for 'mid-table mediocrity' again, given a reasonable few weeks, we might just scrape into the eight. Some of the fans I have seen on TV coverage in the past would certainly encourage me to go to as many games as possible, in the very unlikely eventuality of having the opportunity to do so! Mind you, the belated arrival of the summer here over the past few days has brought a few cuties out of hiding, too. Another reason to love the summer holidays!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete