Thursday 5 July 2012

There are times when I'm such a bloody coward

I've been trying to decide whether to make a suggestion, in connection with an issue that is central to my life experience, got as far as starting to write a blog post about what I had in mind, and then chickened out. All the ways it could have gone wrong recited themselves in my head, and it was just too scary. Even the knowledge that I've already lost pretty much everything I could have lost wasn't enough to overcome the instinct to hide. Stay safe in the dark closet. Safe, but utterly isolated. A minority of one, to steal another Orwellism.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

5 comments:

  1. Sometimes reservation is the best choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brian
    It depends on your definition of 'best', really. The safe option that maintains the status quo, or a venture with greater risk, but potentially greater rewards. In this case, I've opted for the former - at the moment. I'm still thinking about the 'cost/benefit analysis', though.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sammy

    If you would like to write it down and tell someone, please feel free to e-mail me.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know how to find me...there's a lot of us here for you, Sammy.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Mark & Jay
    Thank you both for your support. I doubt that what I was thinking of would have worked, anyway, not least because my blog isn't that widely read. And, perhaps more to the point in terms of my 'cowardice', I don't have much ambition to set myself up as a target for trolls and haters, or those who might want to 'out' me. I'll have to have a rethink, I guess.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete