Tuesday 31 July 2012

Signing my life away

Blogging from my phone again, on a break at work, but back to a more conventional format, for now. I didn't start another post like yesterday's earlier on, because I was off in Cloud Cuckoo Land, making a start on another story. I nearly said a new story, but then hesitated, because it's really a sequel of sorts to Optimal. I'm going to try once more to write it from a boy's point of view, something I struggled with to the point of giving up the last time I had a go at it, but, at least in these early stages, it seems to be flowing a bit better this time, perhaps because this boy character is a little older, a little nearer to my own perspective, and of an age I've got rather clearer memories of from my own life, as opposed to the 10 year old I was trying to impersonate last time.
The other significant event of the morning, as alluded to in the title of this post, was that I've signed and posted a document, part of the divorce paperwork, which states that I agree to my daughter living with her mother. It's not a formal 'custody' arrangement, and, to be fair to my wife, she hasn't made any attempt to discourage contact between my daughter and I, but 'possession is nine-tenths of the law'. I doubt that she'd be so sanguine about the situation if I made a serious effort to have my daughter live with me. Anyway, as I said yesterday, I'll be seeing my daughter next week, and possibly again two weeks after that, for one confirmed visit and a second possible event in London. Certainly something to look forward to.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment