Tuesday 1 December 2015

Life is full of new experiences

And one such happened earlier this afternoon. I had my hair cut - by my daughter! K has been cutting her own hair for some time, and it always looks fine, despite her using some pretty dodgy scissors, for the most part, but she recently bought some proper hairdressing scissors (for the princely sum of £8!), so I persuaded her to have a go at mine. And she's made a creditable job of it, despite her initial reluctance (in case you don't like it, as she explained). Given my long-standing (almost fifty year!) aversion to having my hair cut, K doing it is much preferable to submitting to some stranger who'll overcharge me and not produce a markedly better result. The other unusual aspect of my doings today is that, despite my still being off work, I haven't been out, apart from a brief grocery shopping trip at lunchtime. I woke up with a raging sore throat, and other cold-related symptoms, this morning, so I've decided on a quiet day in to give my body a bit of recuperation time. The plan is to go back to my meandering ways tomorrow, health issues permitting. I don't want to waste too much of my 'holiday' being stuck indoors, after all.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment