Monday 6 January 2014

Flat hunting

The prospect of my having a real home again came one small step closer today, as I viewed a couple of flats on the bus route K will need to take to get to her new school later this year. Needless to say, the estate agent was trying to push the dearer of the two properties, and, to be fair, it was marginally the nicer, but the rooms were noticeably smaller, and, most significantly for me, it was further from the tube station I'd need to use to get to work when I'm on earlies - only five minutes extra walking, but five extra minutes in bed at 'stupid o'clock' is not to be sniffed at! Anyway, I've registered my interest, so I'm now waiting to hear back from the agency.
The property viewing was at lunchtime, but it might not have happened at all - three hours earlier, the rain was coming down in absolute sheets in 'domicile-ville', and looked as though it was set in for the day. Having no ambition at all to get drenched again - it would've been the fourth consecutive day of my getting uncomfortably wet, had I had the misfortune - I was seriously considering an indoor day. Ninety minutes later, though, the sun was shining, so I sallied forth after all. Maybe I'm tempting fate here - I've yet to get back to base, so there's still time for yet another dousing! Still, it could be worse - at least it's not snowing!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Sammy never wears a mac in the pouring rain?

    Very strange!

    Any flats on Penny Lane?

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Andy
    Having lived in Cornwall, where it can be wet and windy any day of the year for as long as I did, I never go anywhere without my waterproof! And, of course, the eponymous Penny Lane isn't exactly within commuting distance of work.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete