Sunday 19 January 2014

The persistence of love

I've had a couple of longish conversations with my ex over the weekend, mostly about K, her academic situation, and, of course, her impending move to this neck of the woods. The discussions were almost exclusively pacific, with agreement on our joint goal of K being able to achieve her potential in a way that suits her best. All well and good, and as it should be, I hope, but with one complication, from my perspective. I still love my ex, despite the way things have gone over the past two years, and there's little, if any, prospect of that love going away. OK, I'm gay, as she knows, and a celibate boylover, as she doesn't know, but that doesn't change the way I feel about her. I developed a relationship with her, and ultimately married her, because I loved her and wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. I'm sure many would say I want my cake and to eat it too, and it would be difficult for me to come up with too many competing arguments - but that doesn't take the love away, or make it any less genuine. But, of course, it takes two to make a loving relationship.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I know, Sammy. It's hard, and I am so sorry your ex-wife wasn't able to recognize your love for her over everything else. At least K is solidly and seemingly unflaggingly with you 100%!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I suppose I've mostly come to terms with the split now, but the fact that I find it all but impossible to 'fall out of love' with those I genuinely care about doesn't make it any easier. And, as you say, my relationship with K is certainly a positive, the biggest positive, without a doubt, in my life.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete