Friday 10 January 2014

I want to know what happens

Maybe that's what successful story telling is all about. I started reading a story last night, whose protagonists were a man a little older than me, and a boy about J's age (the man's grandson in the story). They were lovers, but they were 'found out'.  I stopped reading, partly because I was tired, but also because I didn't want to hear about dire consequences. Twenty hours or so later, though, I really want to know 'what happens next'. I don't think there's much doubt about this evening's reading matter.

12/1/14 2100 edit: So, now I know what happened, having finally finished the story. It had a happy ending, from my perspective, at least, although many would hate the fact that the 'abuser' didn't get his 'comeuppance'. I honestly think that, in some instances, men and boys can genuinely love one another, and have mutually beneficial relationships, if 'society' minds its own damn business. Little chance of many agreeing with me, but, frankly, I don't care.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. Sometimes I feel the same way. I always go back.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I read some more last night, but ran out of energy again before I reached the denouement. The 'hook' is still there, though - I want to know how the plot is resolved. The writer was undoubtedly doing something right!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete