Thursday 23 January 2014

Progress

Well, K and I are now rather closer to having a 'North London pad', as my brother described it in a text message yesterday. In fact, all that stands between us and the flat that I saw last Friday is the referencing process - I've got an eight page form to fill in (the last equivalent I had to complete, in 2005, was one page, so much for the age of the 'paperless office'!) , I can hardly restrain my joy! - and the handing over of copious amounts of money, which began with my placing a 'holding deposit' yesterday. That apart, it hasn't been a particularly eventful week so far, hardly surprising given that I'm on nights, which largely consists of the work-sleep-eat-work cycle. Still, only three more shifts to do, including tonight, and I'll be able to rejoin the 'real' world for a few days - I'm off on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, then have a 'non-working' work day on Wednesday, because I've got a hospital appointment in the afternoon. I doubt I'll do anything much beyond my normal round of meandering and 'cutie spotting', but at least my time will be my own.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. YAY on the new pad! Cool! And YAY for days off! I've gotten a two hour delay the last 3 days, and hoping for a final one tomorrow. That extra sleep every morning has sure contributed to my wonderful mood this week.
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I've done most of the paperwork for the flat overnight, and I'll be taking it up to the estate agents this afternoon, all being well. Then it will just be a matter of waiting to see if the referencing agency think I'm a good risk, or not. Either way, I'm looking forward to my time off - and I may even get to see K, albeit briefly, on Tuesday, which would make it even better. Glad your circumstances are congenial at present, I hope it continues to go well for you.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete