Thursday 21 January 2016

Assorted good news, but....

....it's never unalloyed for me, seemingly. K had her first university interview yesterday, at her second choice place (the closest to London she's applied to), and she considered it to have gone well - they certainly seemed to like her, the interviewer describing her as 'charming' (a good judge of character, evidently!). But, for all that, I ended the day more than a little worried. Because of something I overheard in the pub, one of the older regulars saying he was 'sad, because of what happened to lovely Cameron'. Given my penchant for letting my imagination run away with itself, I immediately convinced myself that something awful had befallen Cammy. But, half an hour ago, the cutie bounced in here, large as life and saying 'hello' to me straight away. And he's ended up sitting very close by, albeit slightly behind me, close enough for me to hear his sweet voice. But, to sour things somewhat, my 'rival', the staff member who's befriended his family, is sitting right next to him, all over the boy, as usual. Yes, it's jealousy, I can't deny it. But, of course, there's absolutely nothing I can do except grin and bear it.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment