Wednesday 27 January 2016

Proud of my club

And I say 'my' club advisedly, because I'm a member, and not just a supporter, despite the fact that I've never been to Australia, and probably never will. Especially proud that we're going to host the AFL's first ever 'pride' game later this year. How I Want To Be might be seen as 'just a slogan' by some, but the club embrace it as part of their ethos. And this is an expression of that ethos, as far as I'm concerned. I'm proud to be a 'Sainter'.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

3 comments:

  1. Hmm...

    Apparently no actual St. Kilda ever existed in human form.

    However, the namesake archipelago in the Outer Hebrides looks to be a lovely place for a visit...in the summer, of course!

    Can one book a commercial tour to the Outer Hebrides?

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I've answered my own question:

      http://www.visitouterhebrides.co.uk/

      And cheers to your AFL team!

      -Andy

      Delete
    2. Hello Andy
      I've had an ambition to visit the islands myself for a while, although the closest I've managed was to go to Mull (in the Inner Hebrides) with K a goodly number of years ago. The name of the football club has a decidedly indirect link to the islands, having been formed in a Melbourne suburb named after a ship named after the islands. 'Second cousin' status, at best!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete