Friday 1 January 2016

This one didn't make me laugh

After the amusement I derived from the 'christian dating' spam e-mail I received a few days back, the very first spam I've received in 2016 has elicited a very different reaction. It was obviously from an American source, because it offered a mapping app purporting to show 'pedophile activity in your area' - presumably RSO information publicly available under the so-called 'Megan's Law'. As I've said on numerous previous occasions, I don't condone any illegal activity, especially where non-consensual sex is involved, and if people transgress the law, they must expect to be punished. What I loathe, though, is the encouragement towards 'vigilantism' that stuff like this entails, especially given the ridiculous breadth of the definition of the word 'paedophile' in this context. It makes me wish I had the IT skills to find the website concerned, and hack it into uselessness.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment