Monday 4 January 2016

Most unexpected

K threw me a real curve ball this afternoon - she rang me as I was just about to head into work to tell me that she'd had an email offering her an interview in connection with a university application - in Cornwall! I didn't, as I told her, even know she'd applied to anywhere down there, but she seems very enthusiastic about both the course, and the prospect of going 'back home' - I miss it, she told me. Yeah, so do I, in spades, and, thinking about it in the past hour or so, I might be very tempted, if K did end up getting a place on that course, to follow her southwesterly in pretty short order. Maybe my much hoped-for early retirement might be closer than I'd thought.

2345 edit: I've just done a very quick Cornwall property search, and found some unspeakably wonderful places. At, by London standards, peppercorn rents. Most notably a two bedroom flat (an ex holiday apartment, as my local knowledge informs me), in my favourite place in the entire mainland UK - for £450 a month! I'm sorely tempted to go tomorrow!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B


No comments:

Post a Comment