Friday 22 January 2016

It's like this, doctor

Yet another appointment at the GP's this morning, and it seems that the medication review that's been dragging on since last July has finally been resolved - after five (if I remember correctly) visits to the surgery and a hospital blood test, I've ended up with one extra pill to take, and a slightly increased dose of another medication. Good job it's all covered by the NHS, I'd be skint otherwise! The one outstanding issue, though (which will mean another blood test, probably next week, and yet another doctor's appointment, in about a month) is around an 'irregular' liver function result from the original blood test. Which led to the doctor (fairly gently, I have to admit) lecturing me about my alcohol intake. Could I consider cutting down, for the good of my future health. Well yes, I could consider it, but it isn't going to happen in current circumstances. I alluded to, without going into detail, how dismal my life (or existence, as I blogged recently) is, and, if I'm being honest, the beer is an anodyne for the hurt born of the fundamental dichotomy in my life, what I want but what I know I can never have. If I can keep going long enough to be able to help K get through what remains of her education, what happens to me thereafter, including my 'future health', is of little concern. It would be an exaggeration to say I have a death wish, but I certainly don't have any enormous ambition to drag things out indefinitely.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B 

No comments:

Post a Comment