Monday 4 January 2016

Leo

I saw my first genuinely beautiful boy of 2016 on the way to work yesterday lunchtime. Just a little boy, probably no more than 5, so not a hint of sexual attraction, but the aesthetic appeal was strong. Long, rather messy blond hair, dark eyes, not sure exactly what colour, but not blue, as many 'blondies' have, lovely face, white teeth behind plumpish pink lips. And a decided air of calm about him. His little brother, maybe 3, was noisily fractious and whiny, but Leo (his parents both used his name, hence my knowing it) spoke very quietly to his father, and, indeed, to little bro, looked around and out of the train window with typically childish curiosity, looked, quite intently, at me at one stage over the seatback that separated us - I avoided looking directly back at him, because his father was right behind him as far as my line of sight went, but his attention was obvious. Sadly, we only shared the train for three stops, twelve minutes or so, before he disappeared from my life, doubtless forever. I'd love to see him in 7, 8, 9 years time, to see how his beauty develops with the onset of the pubescent lifestage I love so much, but it will never be. Just another snapshot in my mental photograph album. Leo, you'll be a beautiful little boy in my mind's eye, for always.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment