Sunday 17 April 2016

Finally got there

To my first substantial break from work of the year, that is - my late shift today was my last for the month, I don't have to go to work again until May 1. The last time I had anything approaching such an amount of time off was last December, and to say I've been looking forward to this holiday is a very considerable understatement. I doubt I'll do anything very original - it's possible, maybe even likely, that I won't leave Greater London - but the sense of being able to get off of the treadmill for nearly a fortnight is none the less welcome for that. And I might even get some quality time with K - she doesn't start back at school until Tuesday, and we've provisionally planned to go out and about tomorrow. There are precious few good things in my life, but my girl and her company is the proverbial exception that proves the rule.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B


2 comments:

  1. Hello Sammy

    I just want to wish you a peacful, restful break from the daily tredmil. And, I hope you get to enjoy some "quality" with K. I send you both my best wishes.

    Warmest regards - Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dave
      Thanks for the kind words. I did get to spend most of yesterday with K, and, in the main, it was very congenial. It's rare that any silver lining in my life comes without at least a small cloud wrapped around it, though, and so it was last night, of which more in the next post.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete