Sunday 3 April 2016

Tantalus for the 21st century

A line I used I'm one of my earliest posts at Nephelokokkygia, but also a pretty good description of my status today. 'Just out of reach' has characterised the day, boys all over the place, but none for me. There's a cutie in my 'not local' now, who I shared a little smile with at one point earlier, but who has been more interested, subsequently, in flitting, with his sister, in and out of the beer garden here, maybe 11, not supercute but certainly easy on the eye, but he pales into insignificance against the son of one of my colleagues, who came into work with his dad this morning. I've seen him once before, about a year ago, and while he struck me as cuter last time around - he's 14-ish now, starting to move from pubescence to early adolescence - the fact of his being around for hours left me marinaded in unrequitable desire by the time I escaped from my workplace at lunchtime. When they're at a distance, just eye candy, it's bad enough, but the closer they get, the more heart-rending it becomes.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment