Friday 15 April 2016

Just for a fleeting moment

I thought something very unlikely had happened when I arrived at what I guess I should call my new local, even if it isn't geographically such. Something that would've been so welcome. A youngish woman was heading towards the bar, and, at first glance, I thought it was someone I'd seen a number of times at my former, lamented, local, namely Cammy's aunt. A second, slightly more thorough appraisal, though, quickly and deflatingly proved that I was mistaken - there was a vague resemblance, but no more. I guess I'm already resigned to the fact that I'll never see my 'little friend' again, but that doesn't mean I have to like the situation. Seven weeks ago today that he gave me that last little wave. It seems so long ago and far away.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment