Thursday 7 April 2016

The persistence of memory

With apologies to Dalí.
I've found, in recent days, an online 'comic' of which I'd only seen 'samples' before. From the 'sample era' outset, one character has really got under my skin. A boy, of course, but more than that, a boy who reminds me so much of a real-life counterpart. DBJ. I can't pretend I think about my perfect boy every day - apart from the fact that I haven't seen him for five and a half years, and that he never was, and never could have been, 'my' boy, he'll be 19 now, and, while I'm sure he'll still be 'good-looking', he'd be well past my 'window of attraction' - but that doesn't mean I've forgotten him. Or that I ever will. Forever frozen in pubescence by the ineffable process we call 'memory'. And in my heart, always.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment