Saturday 30 April 2016

Maybe the last

My 56th birthday. I get the feeling that, one way or another, I might not see another. I don't know if I even want to. My life is so full of shit, the incentive is sorely lacking. Although, having said that, it has been a pretty good day, my brother and sister-in-law came up to town, and we had lunch, and, even better, K shared most of my day, too (although she's gone out to see a friend of hers who's back at home from uni for the bank holiday weekend this evening).
Last birthday or not, it is definitely the last day of my 'spring break', so it's up at 'stupid o'clock' in the morning to go back to work. My cup runneth over.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Dear Sammy

    Belated birthday greetings, and all good wishes to you.

    I've all but given up on birthdays myself. As I've gotten older, the incentive to celebrate anything that diminishes in importance on an inversly proportionate scale, to the number of years that have passed, continues to decrease. I fail to see how suddenly becoming "another year closer to being dead" warrants any kind of acknowledgement at all.

    Nevertheless, I'm glad to read that your day wasn't totally lost. It's always nice to spend time with family, and I know how much it means to you to be able to spend quality time with your daughter. Anyway, regardless of all the negative aspects that blight our respective lives, I hope our "virtual" friendship continues for a good many years to come.

    Warmest regards - Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dave
      Thank you for the good wishes. I get where you're coming from as far as your thoughts about celebrating - or disregarding - birthdays are concerned, but I guess there's still enough of the 'lost boy' in my personality, or has been hitherto, for me to think of mine as a notable day in the year. How much longer I can sustain that illusion is undoubtedly open to question in the face of all that's going on in my life at the moment, though.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete