Wednesday 13 April 2016

Other people's rules

The ones I'm sick to the back teeth of living my life by. Don't eat this, don't drink that. Don't think this, don't say that. And don't ever, ever dream, even for a moment, of being yourself, of hoping for fulfillment. I've known for a very long time that I have the sort of personality that can take a lot of punishment, but is ultimately much more likely to break rather than bending. I get the feeling the point of fracture is much closer than it was even a few weeks ago.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sammy

    Yes, although I don't know the particular circumstances which brought you to the point of writing this post, I do empathise with you. I've been a bit down myself, of late. The other day, a friend who "knows me" even felt he had to ask if I was alright, and was something bothering me? "Oh, just the usual stuff", I explained. Nuff said. He had no answers any more than I did. But suffice is to say, at least I know I'm not the only one. And you are not alone either. It's just a pity this is the only way we can support each other. Be strong, my friend.

    Warmest regards - Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dave
      Oddly enough, the catalyst for the post was a completely 'throwaway' comment from my daughter about what I was eating for my evening meal a couple of days ago. But yes, the sense of pressures, from within and without, is very challenging for me at the moment. I'll probably get over it, as I have so often in the past, because, as you suggest, there are no answers, certainly none that don't involve someone getting hurt, to this particular puzzle.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete