Friday 28 May 2010

Resonances

This was originally going to be part 3 of the previous post, but I ran out of time earlier on.
The last hour or so before I went to bed last night was spent reading another Nifty story, but this one was far more of a love story than a 3 orgasms per paragraph fantasy fest, even though there was some eroticism involved. It made me cry, because it reminded me so much of someone who could've been my life partner, if things had been just a few percent different. The characters in the story were more or less the same ages as I was and the boy I loved was at the time - I was in my mid-twenties, and he was 10 years younger - but the few percent of difference between us and the fictional characters was an unbridgeable chasm - he was straight, I knew it, he knew it, but I loved him just the same, I was in love with him, and, in his own way, he loved me back as far as his nature would allow, but when the story man and boy ended up spending the night together for the first time, not having sex, but just cuddling together and saying that they loved each other, that's when the tears came, because for me to have been in that position, him sleepily snuggling up to me and saying "I love you" would've been the pinnacle of my life, but he didn't and couldn't love me in that way. If he had been able to, I would never have deserted him, even if there was no physical sex involved. Love is always, in my opinion, the most important thing. There must have been something there, though - he's still my best friend, even though we're both married with families.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you've got such a best friend. Did he ever know of the love you felt for him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brian
    Yes, he knew how I felt about him, and, as I said, he loved me back as far as he could. I remember him saying quite a few years later "I don't really know why we didn't have sex, there was just something inside that wouldn't let me", so that few percent was indeed few, but still unbridgeable. The love was real, though.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete