Tuesday 25 May 2010

Semicentennial's semicentennial

This one's crept up on me a little bit - I didn't realise until last night that my next post, i.e. this one as it is now, would be my 50th since I began the blog in February. It's been a bit of a strange mixture of the banal and (for me at least) the deeply significant, but, overall, I'm pleased that I've done it and I don't intend to sign off just yet. I was going to put up a link to my personal 'national anthem', 'Never Understand' by the Jesus & Mary Chain, but the embedding code on YouTube has been disabled, and I'm too technologically challenged to find another way of doing it. I'm sure anyone who's interested in the song will easily be able to find it.
I had good intentions to get out and about and do a few things this morning, but I've been stricken with hay fever for the first time this year, so I'm currently aestivating indoors, hoping that it will pass in the next couple of hours and allow me to venture out later. I used to get hay fever really badly from my late twenties for about 15 years, but, fortunately, it's been a lot less of a problem recently, although there is still the odd day like today when it turns round and bites me.
I had a really odd experience in the early hours of this morning - a kind of a dream within a dream. I dreamt I was fighting off someone who was attacking me, an old man but one who was very strong and determined, and then 'woke up' thinking I was shouting out and gripping my wife's arms so tightly as to bruise her, then woke up in reality to find her safe and well and asleep beside me. I have had nightmares on odd occasions in the past, though very rarely, but I can never remember anything quite like this before.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 50th. I hope we are both around to see your 100th.

    Hayfever's a real drag. I like you have had it bad in the past but only occasionally now and not too bad.

    I'm glad it was just a dream. I hope those don't happen too often. Eating too late at night does that to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brian
    The plan is for me to at least head in the direction of 100, whether I get there remains to be seen. Thank you for your continued interest.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, Sammy

    I think, as seems to be happening quite often now, Brian has said everything that I had intended to. Nevertheless, I'd like to offer my somewhat belated congratulations, and my hopes for achieving the hundred, should you wish to.

    *hugs*

    Mark

    ReplyDelete