Monday 24 May 2010

A sunny and fairly sunny weekend

Weather-wise, it's been the best weekend for ages, and, personally, it's gone as well as I could've reasonably expected given the way things looked to be heading in midweek. We managed to have a nice family afternoon yesterday, visiting a local event up the hill from home and then eating the Sunday roast in the garden, taking advantage of the unabated sunshine. There's still a little tension in the air (and there would certainly have been more had my wife picked up on what I wrote about in my last post), but for my wife to say "We had a nice weekend, didn't we" before she left for work this morning certainly puts things in a more hopeful light.
I'll have the dubious pleasure of calling in at work later on today, because I need to pick up some paperwork to help me prepare for the job interview I've got coming up on Thursday - I need to get used to the idea of being there again anyway, given that, unless something unforeseen crops up, I'll be back to the grind in 9 days time.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Glad things are looking up. Good luck on the upcoming job interview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brian
    Thank you. If I give of my best, I've got a fair chance with the job - a few hours of preparation lie ahead.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, Sammy

    Best of luck with the interview. I think you really deserve some good news at the moment.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Mark
    Thank you for your kindness. I'll certainly give it a go - getting out of my present job would definitely be good news, even if it meant going back to the schizoid lifestyle of a few years back.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete