Wednesday 31 October 2012

A rhetorical question answered, probably

I'd said to my daughter that I wanted to talk to her during her current stay about the implications of my possibly moving to Spain, and we did just that yesterday evening, once we'd met up again after her having spent the afternoon with one of her London-based internet friends. Her reaction was pretty clear, really - it was evident that she was quite upset by the idea of my disappearing over the horizon more or less permanently. While she doesn't have an absolute veto on my moving, which I made clear to her, she is really all that I've got left after the implosion of my life in recent months, and I love her to bits, so, although no irrevocable decisions have been made, it doesn't seem likely that I'll be leaving the country any time soon. Whether I carry on as I am, or try to find something more congenial here, most notably whether I can find a scenario that could see me move back to Cornwall, remains to be seen, but it looks like Gran Canaria is off the agenda, at least for now. Ironically enough, we went on from the pub where we had our chat to eat in a tapas bar, and very nice it was, too. A taste of Spain, if nothing else.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I can understand your reticence about moving. If you had a lock on a high paying job, etc., then it would be an easier decision. But at least you do have a job that pays the bills, and your daughter is not THAT far away.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Thinking about your comment, and about something that happened yesterday, is going to lead to a new post, which I'm just about to embark on. How often have I said it of late, but there are no easy answers.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete