Tuesday 23 October 2012

Vividity, and resurrecting Resurrection

For no particularly obvious reason, I've been having a series of unconnected, but markedly vivid dreams over the past few days. I've dreamed of being involved in the filming of a Time Team-style programme in an old country house, of walking on a waterlogged path beside a unidentifiable preserved, steam hauled railway (a pretty unlikely scenario, given my lack of interest in steam trains, and even greater lack of interest in getting my feet wet!), and, oddest of all, perhaps, I had a very lengthy and detailed heterosexual erotic dream. Given my recent life experiences, I can't imagine much I would be less likely to get involved with at the moment than a sexual relationship with another woman. Dreams are unaccountable things, of course, but it seems that my subconscious is following some odd byways at the moment.
I have a story, in draft in the post list of Nephelokokkygia. It's been sloshing around, in one form or another, since before I even had a blog, something like three years. I keep going back to it, reading what I've written, tinkering about with minor bits and pieces, but never really progressing it beyond the 'middle' it reached something like two years ago. I'd really like to finish it, somehow. I have thought of a pretty major plot twist in the last 24 hours, but will it be enough to resurrect Resurrection? I'm not giving any written guarantees, that's for sure.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment