Sunday 7 October 2012

Quiet Sunday

After the 'outing and abouting' of the past few days, I've had a pretty quiet day today. I did venture along to the end of the road for some grocery shopping at lunchtime, but that has been the extent of my interaction with the outside world. Part of that is because I'm starting my latest night shift week tonight - I'll be leaving for work in just over an hour - but I was also pretty tired this morning, not helped by the fact that I was woken by a phone call from work at 7:00, asking me to go in for an extra shift. I blearily declined, not least because, without a car and with an engineering work closure affecting the train service until mid-afternoon, the round trip 'commute' would've taken about four hours! Unwelcome as my 'alarm call' was, though, it proved to have a hidden benefit in that I was able to top up my sleep this afternoon to the tune of around three hours, so I'll at least be starting the night week feeling reasonably fresh.
I spoke to my daughter earlier on, as we began to plan getting together during her half-term holiday at the end of the month. I've got most of the week off, so she'll probably come up here for a few days, although she has got the possibility of a visit to a friend in Northern England in the offing as well, so nothing has been finalised yet. I just hope I get to have a couple of days of quality time with her - of all the things that have been lost in this year's upheavals, not seeing my daughter on a regular basis has been perhaps the most difficult for me. Yes, I speak to her on the phone most days, but it's not the same.
I've posted another little story in Nephelokokkygia today, and its genesis was quite interesting, in a way. The train of thought that led to words on a computer screen was set in motion by nothing more than smelling a fragrance in a West London pub yesterday evening. Strange how these things work, sometimes.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I, too, am having a quiet day. I haven't left the house. Yesterday was an interrupted sleep in, then missed signals at the gym with my trainer sort of messed up the day...but it was saved by spending nearly 8 of 9 hours naked in a hot tub with my best friend and her husband and about 3 bottles of fine wine! I got home about midnight, and slept til noon today. The ensuing hours have been filled with some surfing and working crossword puzzles!

    Hope work goes well.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Nice to just chill occasionally, a bit of R & R. I almost never just sit around blankly doing nothing, though, even if I'm not doing anything more energetic that mouse-clicking around cyberspace!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete