Saturday 27 October 2012

Nearly there, and a traveller

This week of nights has dragged a bit, but it is finally coming to its conclusion, just tonight's shift (with a 'bonus' extra hour to work because of the clocks going back, oh joy!) to go before I get into my time off. The five day break will be pretty busy, though, because I have to make a flying visit to Cornwall on Monday, before meeting up with my daughter in London at lunchtime on Tuesday. My mileage is going to be rather dwarfed by hers this coming week, though, because the girl is currently in Birmingham, having travelled up there during the day today, staying overnight with her aunt before going on to Cumbria tomorrow morning. She'll be doing some extra miles when she's up there, too, because the friend she's staying with lives quite some distance away from the town where she's arriving - in a different county, in fact - so it's a good job she seems to have inherited my 'wanderlust' genes, and maybe my ability to navigate around railway timetables, too!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I love it that your daughter can navigate the transit system by herself! That's such a difference from all the kids whose parents can't imagine them walking to the corner store without something dreadful happening. I call your style GOOD PARENTING!!!!

    Have a great visit!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I grew up going places by myself, and, without any sense of complacency, I don't think the world has changed so radically in the interim that my daughter needs to be confined in a hermetically sealed bubble. It's just a matter of common sense, in my opinion - make your arrangements in advance so as not to get stranded, and keep your mobile phone charged up!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B


      Delete