Sunday 21 October 2012

Crumbs from the table

As I prepare, in an hour or so, to leave for work to embark on another week of nights, I've been trying to look for the positives in my present situation. At the risk of descending into yet another misery fest, I have to say that there are precious few. The only potentially good thing in the near future is that when I finish my last night shift, next Sunday morning, I'll be heading into five days off, of which, unless there are any changes of plan, I'll be spending two and a half with my daughter - the current version of half term week sees her arriving in London (after her visit to Cumbria/Northumbria) mid-afternoon on Tuesday week, and heading back to Cornwall on Friday morning. That apart, things are as grey as the weather has been in recent days. Autumn in the air, matched by autumn in my life, seemingly. I guess I need to take what crumbs of comfort I can, because it looks like being a long winter, literally and figuratively.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Always good to have something to look forward to! Make the most of that!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I'm looking forward to seeing my girl, of course, but that should really be something that happens as an everyday event, not a once in a while 'treat'. The fact that I have it, and nothing else, 'to look forward to' is just another reminder of how uncongenial my overall situation is.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete