Tuesday 9 October 2012

Just when you thought they couldn't get any more insane....

....the fundamentalists prove you wrong. When I first read this post, I thought it had to be a spoof, but I followed one of the links, and did a follow-up Google search, and it appears to be genuine - at least, if it is a spoof, I'm not the only one to have fallen for it. As I think I've asked before somewhere, doesn't the US have laws against inciting violence, or to protect children from this kind of lunacy? If so, why isn't this cretin behind bars? And, in the ultimate irony, this politician is described in one of the articles I came across as 'pro-life'. Yeah, I know that phrase is a euphemism for 'treat women as chattels and brood mares, and certainly not as autonomous human beings', but still. I'd like to say 'utterly unbelievable', but, sadly, it's all too believable, and there will no doubt be many who would readily vote for nightmarish theocrats like this pitiful excuse for a human being.

1600 edit: And the very next post at the same site goes to show that Christianity has far from cornered the market in vile, dangerous fundamentalist stupidity.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Lunacy all over the world - and most of it in the hands of the religious zealots of one type or another.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I fervently hope this particular brand of lunatic, of whatever creed, never get to take over the asylum. Because if they do, the suffering they could cause would be almost limitless.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete