Tuesday 23 October 2012

Unreasonable behaviour

Guilty as charged, apparently. Not that I've actually been asked anything by anyone, apart from a few questions on a standard questionnaire, but this exhaustive judicial process has deemed that 'the facts found proved being the Respondent's unreasonable behaviour'. Unreasonably being faithful to my wife since the day I met her, unreasonably sticking to my marriage vows, unreasonably working all hours to provide for my wife and our daughter, unreasonably suppressing my real self for over twenty years. Sentenced, as of two weeks tomorrow, to becoming an ex-husband, nearly half of my life consigned to the dustbin of history.
I knew there was a reason why I should've stuck to boys.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, something I am so sorry you are having to go through, but it seems to be a common theme when gay men come out to their wives. I hope it will pass quickly, Sammy.
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I've been inured, I guess, to the fact of my marriage being over for some time, but the 'unreasonable behaviour' tag is something that has really raised my hackles, as you can doubtless tell. Not only does it seem to me that the law is seeing me in the same light as adulterers and wife beaters, but I have little doubt that I'll be the mug picking up the entire bill for a process that I never wanted to happen in the first place. As ever, though, my complaints count for nothing, and I'll be left with nothing. Wonderful.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete