Friday 15 October 2010

Another long day

Today was a bit like a negative of yesterday - Kent to London for work, then back home this afternoon for my weekend with the family. I wasn't up quite as early this morning, but it's still been a pretty long and tiring day, not to mention the aches and pains associated with driving 600 miles over the course of a day and a half. It's pretty obvious that I've got to find a better way of arranging my working life or it's going to end up killing me off. The problem is that all the suitable permutations cost money, and that's a commodity in very short supply at the moment.
Better news on another front today, though - my wife went to see our doctor this morning, and the initial results suggest that Monday's tests and procedures haven't revealed anything which might have given serious cause for concern. It's taking her a little longer than expected to recuperate from the after-effects of the anaesthetic, but the doctor was reassuring on that as well - a week is far from unusual in the circumstances, apparently, so a quiet weekend might be the final piece in the jigsaw of my wife getting back to normal. I'm hoping for a bit of rest myself over the next couple of days, so we'll have to do nothing together!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment