Sunday 10 October 2010

The boy (revisiting) next door

It was an unseasonably warm afternoon here today, shirtsleeve, almost sunbathing, weather. My daughter had gone into our local city centre to buy her friend a birthday present and watch a film she wanted to see (on her own, because another of her friends had backed out of the trip, she's not her father's daughter for nothing, bloody-minded enough to go solo rather than cancel!), and I'd gone over around 4:30 to pick her up. As we got back home, who should appear from the front door of our neighbour's house than the boy who'd discomfited me so much at the housewarming barbecue in May. He was in 'summer' gear, tee-shirt and lightweight trousers, even cool wraparound shades, and just as delicious looking as he had been the previous time I'd seen him. My daughter looked in his direction with considerable interest as well (he's about a year older than her, at a guess), always a scenario I find amusing, in a slightly embarrassing way - as I've said before, she and I have eyes for a similar tranche of the population at the moment! All I can say is that it's a good job the boy doesn't actually live next door - quite apart from the prospect of me fighting with my daughter over him (joke, of course!), I think I'd spend a good deal of my time wanting to tear my hair out with frustration if I ever had such a genuine cutie as a neighbour.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment