Wednesday 27 October 2010

Lazy day

I've been taking the fact that I'm on holiday, even though it's only a case of being on the home front, to heart today, having one of the laziest days I've enjoyed for a long time. I haven't left the house, and done nothing beyond some washing and cooking the evening meal during the day. It's been a real 'couch potato' experience, with most of the time being spent on the laptop or watching TV (or both simultaneously!). After yesterday's post, I'm pleased to say I did manage to write a couple of paragraphs of my new story this morning, although I'm making absolutely no predictions as to whether it will eventually amount to something postable.
Given that it's school half term, I have thought about taking a trip to where I used to work in the vague hope of seeing 'DBJ'. I doubt that I'll actually do it, not least because the chances of seeing him at random aren't high, but also because it would reopen the self-inflicted wounds of unrequited love if I did chance to see him, without any prospect of achieving anything worthwhile in return. If precedent is anything to go by, I don't expect to get over the boy any time soon, if ever - I've fallen in love, or at least what I would describe as love, with 7 or 8 people in my life, and fallen out of love with precisely none of them, even the two (one of each gender) who could be said to have to have treated me in any way badly. Loyal, or obsessive - take your pick.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment