Tuesday 26 October 2010

Writing, or the lack of it

I'm really struggling at the moment to write anything for 'Cuckoos'. The early part of the summer went fairly well in that regard, as I managed to come up with some stories that even my perfectionist self was reasonably pleased with, but the last couple of months have been a complete desert by comparison. Last month, when I spent the first half of the month feeling ill and the second half occupied with the move to my new job, might be excusable to a point, but the continuation of the drought into and throughout this month is much harder to explain away. I've got a few ideas which I think might work well, but I just don't, at present, seem to have the wherewithal to bring them to fruition. Today, for example, I've come up with what I think is a pretty good plot for a new story, but when I came to try and start to convert it into words on the screen this afternoon, I ended up writing nothing beyond a title - I just couldn't find a way to even write the first sentence. It's certainly not from a lack of motivation, I want to be able to write fiction, even if it's not to any wonderful standard, so I'm really not quite sure why I should be having such difficulty with it at the moment.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment