Sunday 17 October 2010

Jitters and gorgeousness

For no readily discernible reason, I was feeling very jittery and nervous this morning, which is very unlike me. Whatever else I might say about myself, I'm usually reasonably calm and laid-back, at least superficially, so to be in a state closer to that which might suggest impending doom was unexpected and unwelcome. The feeling did pass with time, but it was all rather odd.
We headed for our usual supermarket at lunchtime, mostly to set my wife and daughter up with sufficient groceries to tide them over until I get back from my impending week away at work. For the second Sunday in a row, my daughter and I both had eyes for the same person, an absolutely lovely, fair haired boy of about my daughter's age who was shopping with his (presumably) father at the same time we were there - we even compared notes, very light-heartedly! The boy knew, I think, that he was the centre of attention, because he smiled slightly in my direction at one point, cue more than a few shivers down the spine. In the isolated world of the boylover, even a fleeting instant of acknowledgement like that is a major event. Not, of course, that I've any expectation of even seeing him again, still less anything more, but it was a nice moment, nonetheless.
My brother and his family are kindly accommodating me again this week, because I could well end up on a mixed up week of shifts (although I won't know for sure until I speak to my manager tomorrow), but the fact still remains that I need somewhere closer to work as a base, once the roadblock of finance is overcome. Money can't, needless to say, buy you happiness, but it can facilitate a less complicated lifestyle.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment