Friday 22 October 2010

Feeling guilty

I'm just coming to the end of another week away from home, and another week where I've been helped greatly by the generosity of others, my brother and his family on this occasion. Ever since I've been old enough and had enough money, I've always prided myself on being independent and looking after myself, and not being a burden to anyone else, whether it was my parents while they were still alive or family and friends since. My current situation, though, has made me feel like a complete freeloader at times - I seem, to myself if to no-one else, to be taking without giving anything back, and its making me feel guilty. My brother, before he went off to work this morning, said that he had no problems with the present state of affairs, and that I shouldn't worry about it, but I do worry, nonetheless. I'm in a bit of a 'Catch 22' at the moment, in that I need the extra money from my new job to afford more convenient accommodation, but I need to get through my training period before the full benefits of my pay rise kick in and allow me to sort myself out. On the brighter side, today is my last working day before taking a week off to coincide with school half term, so I've got some quality time with my wife and daughter in sunny Cornwall to look forward to. I certainly need the rest and recuperation, if nothing else - all the dashing up and down the country has left me feeling thoroughly washed out and tired, so not spending hours a day travelling is going to be a big bonus in itself. Will it all work out in the end - I certainly hope so.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment