Friday 21 September 2012

Do I, don't I?

A reprise of a dilemma I faced a few weeks back has surfaced this afternoon. I've visited my daughter's YouTube channel, and found a very thoughtful and intelligent 'opinion piece to camera' that she's posted, and which I would ideally like to share with the world. I'd love everyone to be able to see how bright and interesting she is, but, as ever with my life, there's a problem. Because of other videos, and links, I would run a fair risk of losing my carapace of pseudonymity, and by doing so, also 'outing' my daughter as the child of a 'filthy paedo'. In the circumstances, I have to follow the precautionary principle, I guess, but it's disappointing that I can't do my small part to spotlight her talents.

Just a small edit - I've been thinking about what I'd written in this post over the past few minutes, and I don't want anyone to get the impression that I care about what anyone thinks of me personally - even I don't give a shit about myself, so there's no reason anyone else should - but I do care about my daughter, and I don't want to run even the slightest risk of causing any problems for her.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Hi there, Sammy

    Just a thought: could you or your daughter create a pseudonymous YouTube account, and then post the video there? The chances of it being linked to your daughter's own account are low (though not zero, I should say), especially if you use a different title etc.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mark
      Your idea would no doubt work, albeit, as you say, with the small residual element of risk, but it would really be up to her whether she would want to do that. She has her own 'circle' of friends and followers, so it probably wouldn't be that attractive to her, putting herself out on a limb so that her father can indulge his parental pride, genuine though it is.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. Siggghhhh...I'd love to see the videos, but I understand exactly what you mean. I guess you could privately email people you trust with the URL...and stop not giving a shit about yourself. You're not worthless or depraved or anything else except a great human being who has real friends who care about you.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Another frustration born of my attractions, I guess. Ultimately, though, what I want to avoid, as I said, is any risk at all of my daughter being caught in some sort of 'blowback' because of people's attitudes to me.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete