Thursday 20 September 2012

Summer's end

The last day of summer, and it is rather grey, breezy and generally autumnal looking outside my window. Not that it's made a great deal of difference to me today, because I've been in bed for most of the day, being between night shifts as I am. The end of my first summer back on my own, after twenty shared with another. Am I coming to terms with my new situation? Difficult to say, definitively. I don't seem to be having quite as many 'bad days' as I was a few months back, but there are still times when I find the motivation to carry on very tenuous indeed. It's not just what's been lost, it's the absence of any prospect of anything at all to take its place, I suppose. But, realistically, I knew that all along, which was why I was hiding the truth in the first place. But the truth, as they say, will out, and it did on that evening in February. And where, as I've asked before, is my darling boy? As elusive as ever, perhaps never to be found.
And winter is on its way. Literally, and maybe figuratively, too.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. We're about 4 days into beautiful autumn weather with cool days, cooler nights, and I just love it!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello Jay
      It was certainly pretty cool on the way back from work this morning - I think the 'winter weight' fleece might be getting an airing before too long.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete