Thursday 6 September 2012

Off the leash

On holiday, for the first time as what amounts to a 'single man', since my second trip to Gran Canaria in August 1991. From when I signed off at work at 7:30 this evening, I've got 228 hours to do, within reason, whatever I want. But what, ultimately, are the chances of me achieving what I really want to do? As close to zero as if I was going to spend the whole time locked in a dungeon. I'll just end up eating and drinking too much, no doubt, and failing to feel guilty about it. Another example of Orwell's 'Freedom is Slavery' adage, I guess.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I hope at least some the time off is FUN!!!
    So someplace you've never been (I recommend Bletchley Park if you've never been there - catch train to Milton Keynes), do something but sit around!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I've got four visits, at least, planned over the next nine days, and any days without anything specific lined up, like today, I'll probably spend in and around London, especially if the promising weather forecast for the coming days holds true. I'm sure I'll manage to keep myself out of mischief!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete