Monday 24 September 2012

The smell of burning bridges in the afternoon

It looks like I've contrived to fall out with my daughter. It was my fault, I niggled at her about the fact that I've been having problems getting hold of her of late, and she bit back. It was, in a way, an argument of equals, as opposed to a father-daughter thing, probably the first such argument we've ever had - the 'friends' part of our relationship has been at least as, if not more, important than the parent-child element since she was very young. If I lose her, I'm getting very, very close to 'last straw' territory. It might sound like melodrama to say that she's my only reason to live, but, looking around my life's landscape, there really isn't much else. Just when you think it can't get any worse....

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Well, if it's a an argument of equals, then become the bigger man and apologize, freely and honestly. She will recognize that, and things should be fine. Don't forget that teenagers naturally start to pull away from parents at this stage of life - no matter their relationship with them. It's their way of testing their wings, and flexing their burgeoning independence. Unfortunately, it will probably get worse before it gets better.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I've already made a move in that direction - I sent her a text message last night, which, hitherto, has been ignored. I'll just have to see what happens, I suppose.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete