Wednesday 5 September 2012

Frazzled and frozen

Yet another twelve hour shift at work today, at fairly short notice (I was asked at teatime yesterday if I was available). It wasn't anything particularly out of the ordinary, busy but routine, but by the time I finished this evening, I felt as though I'd been put through the wringer. Mental fatigue, I guess, after concentrating for hours on end. Still, only one more shift to do, with an early finish tomorrow evening, if all goes according to plan, and I'll be into my nine day break.
It just goes to show how my life is bumping along the bottom, that by far the highlight of my day was getting back to the accommodation this evening to find that the 'management' had replaced the larder fridge in our communal kitchen with a fridge/freezer. At a stroke, my culinary options have doubled, at least, given that I can now buy, or, more to the point, store frozen food. And I can have some ice cream (my only real 'sweet tooth' weakness) to hand, too! My cup runneth over!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B


2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time off! And your ice cream!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      The break will be good, but the new bit of kitchen kit - which isn't new at all, but has evidently been moved from somewhere else in the establishment - has already begun to make ominous noises. The ice cream might be on hold!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete