Wednesday 19 September 2012

Thanks a lot, Blogger

I've logged into Blogger after getting in from work this morning to find I've had the 'new Blogger interface' imposed on me. Well, it's shit, in my humble opinion, I'd revert to the old version in a heartbeat. Except, of course, that it's no longer available. The new one is no easier to use, lacks at least one feature I used regularly, clicking on the small black arrowhead next to a post in the post list to be able to read in a user-friendly format without having to go into the blog itself, or be thrown into the 'compose' frame, as happens now. And each time I've been into the 'compose' frame, and try to navigate away, I'm being told I have unsaved changes, even if I haven't changed anything. The whole thing is an exercise in corporate masturbation, as far as I can see. Utter rubbish.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Hi there, Sammy

    I think you can switch back to the old interface. somewhere towards the top right corner of the new Dashboard, there should be a button with a cogwheel image on it. Click that, and it should drop down a set of options, one of which is "Old Blogger interface". Click that option, and your Dashboard should go back the way it was before.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mark
      The 'old Blogger interface' option in that menu is no more, sadly - the whole interface has been removed. At the risk of sounding like a curmudgeonly old Luddite (moi?!), what's wrong with a) choice, and b) 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'? Oh well, I'll just have to get used to it, I guess.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. Hi there, Sammy

    So I see - it was there last night (I tried it!), but gone this morning :-(

    As for why we have the new interface inflicted on us, I think it's because (b) programming geeks like fiddling with things, and (a) Google knows best, and the opinions of mere users don't count.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mark
      Programming geeks? Who they?! But yes, Google are undoubtedly a law unto themselves - no doubt their argument would be that they offer a free service, so we should be grateful for their benevolence, and not have the effrontery to actually have preferences.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete