Wednesday 10 April 2013

A visit, and the end of a visit

I've undertaken a nine-hour round trip today, despite still being a long way from my best, to spend an hour at the location of the job I've applied for. One of the reasons I was given for having been passed over for the job the last time it was advertised (although the real reason was something completely different, as I found out subsequently) was that I didn't make such a visit, so I was determined to dot the i's and cross the t's this time around. I knew the two guys who were on duty, and we basically just chatted for an hour, because there was no sign of any of the local management, even though they knew I was planning to be there today. I did hear a list of the other known applicants, and, as I expected, none of them has anywhere near the experience I do, but, then again, neither did the person who got the job last time. As I said as I was leaving, all I can do is to give it my best shot, and they'll either give me the job, or give it to someone else.
The outbound journey marked the end of a visit, too, as my daughter travelled with me on her way back home. Even though we didn't do anything that much out of the ordinary, especially over the past couple of days, the long weekend together was still thoroughly enjoyable, for, I hope, both of us. If I don't get this job back at 'home', there is still the possibility of my daughter coming this way to do her A-Levels and higher education, so, one way or the other, we could end up living under the same roof again at some point. That would certainly be something that I would both enjoy, and that would give me a sense of direction in what is still a rather rudderless lifestyle. Time, as ever, will tell.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. I hope the visit helps make the difference, Sammy. And either way, more quality time with K. That's always good.

    Glad you had a nice visit, and a good trip. Fingers still crossed.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      At least nobody can say I haven't made the effort in connection with the job this time - the way I felt yesterday, my trip was definitely above and beyond the call of duty!
      I've enjoyed the time with K, of course, the only downside is having it come to an end, and for her to be 200-odd miles away again. Maybe not for much longer, though, given a fair wind.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. Yes, I hope it works out for you!

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Andy
      Thanks very much - maybe, just for once, it might be my turn for some good news.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete