Tuesday 16 April 2013

Moving home

But the shortest move of my life - all of about 15 yards! There was a tap on my door late this afternoon - after I'd got up, luckily, given that I'm still on nights! - and I was handed a letter by one of the admin staff of the place where my accommodation is. It seems that there's going to be some substantial work going on in the building, and my current room is one of those affected, so I'm being shipped out to the end of the corridor. The new room, which I had a look at an hour or so ago, is slightly bigger than my current one, but otherwise similarly equipped, although the downside is that due to it being at the end of the building, it will probably be slightly noisier. I'm sure I'll get used to it, and, of course, there is still the possibility that I won't be here for that much longer, anyway, if the new job comes together - I'm still waiting for news on that front, although, knowing of old the glacial pace of my employer's HR organisation, I'd have been amazed to have heard anything by now.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Oh good grief. A move 15 feet down the hall. Sheesh. I'd say the noise will come from the workmen, who will no doubt be working during the day. I hope you have a bunch of day shifts lined up!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    I did think about the potential consequences of the work itself after I'd posted yesterday - we don't do nights overly often, so I'm hoping I'll be able to work around it in some shape or form. Fingers crossed, anyway!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete